Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's Fall!

Well, technically it's not fall - yet. But, the Washington Redskins started training camp this past Thursday and that, for me, is the unofficial start of fall and it means that football season is almost upon us! I'm ready to do away with seashells and sand and pull out my fall wreath, fall pumpkins and Redskins flag!

As someone that LOVES winter with fall being a close second, the summer is just something to get through. The heat and the humidity make my hair fuzzy and my attitude grumpy. However the school supplies are starting to show up in the stores and the aisles of craft stores are beginning to burst forth with oranges, golds and reds. This can only mean one thing - summer is on its way out and fall is waiting patiently for its turn!

For now, though, it is still summer, at least that's what the calendar says. So, I'll just have to enjoy a picture from last year and wait for September 1st to arrive so I can officially decorate for fall and say goodbye summer!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love fall and winter also. I live in Scotland as we don't really get any heat in summer, but the long summer days do nothing for me! Already the nights are getting darker earlier, with it dark by 8.30pm tonight.

    It's so good to read about someone else who enjoys winter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog! Your wreath is beautiful. Congrats on your wedding, it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete