Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Does Size Really Matter?

Size never really mattered to me. I do not need the biggest and best of anything. I'm perfectly happy with my living room TV. It has done well by me - always there when I needed a diversion from everyday life. Yes, me and my TV have been the best of friends. Meet my faithful friend!

I came home from work today expecting to see my fiance at my apartment. No fiance. I called him and our coversation went something like this:

Me: "Hi honey, where are you?"

Him: "Are you home? I thought you were working late."

Me: "There was a bad storm coming so I left a few minutes early. Where are you?"

Him: "I didn't think you were going to be home this early so I'm at the store."

Me: "The store? Grocery store?"

Him: "Uh, no, just a store. I'll be over in a few minutes."

So, I waited. And waited. Finally about an hour later he called me and asked if I wanted him to bring the TV to my place or take it to his. TV? I have a TV. What TV? Our new TV? Huh? I have since learned that my TV is not suitable for football watching or TV watching in general. So, we have a new TV that is going to live at my place until we marry in January.

Shortly after our phone call this came through my door and I was not prepared for its girth.

Next, my faithful friend was put in the floor and this had taken its place.

And then there was a little rewiring.

And a while of this while he figured out how to program it.


I don't handle change very well and quite frankly I feel sorry for my other TV. It's going to take a while to get used to this huge thing that now takes up one wall of my living room. But hey, at least he dusted the TV stand when he switched out TV's!

4 comments:

  1. Get used to it lol. Men in appliance stores i like well, men in appliance stores! Great blog and congrats on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is the same. I can just about keep him from getting the really silly size tv. LOL!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to my husband (and all men I know...) bigger is better in the TV department. I know when we move that the big tvs will be moving into our home...I'm almost positive! I'll be feeling the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim!

    Thanks for stopping by! I miss you and all our friends at MHH. I'm in serious withdrawl! I have so much to share!! lol

    I hope the school year comes together for you and the boys. It's always difficult to get into a routine. We always do homework as soon as we get home so that it is done and the evening is free.

    Take care! Hugs and blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete