Wednesday, August 5, 2009

House Hunting

Why do I love built in shelves so much? Is it because I have way too much stuff and built in shelves offer a way to display it all? Is it because of the carpentry skill that goes into one? I'm not sure what it is, but I love them.

Recently we've been house hunting but I've spent a lot of my time eyeing built in shelves instead inspecting fixtures and measuring cabinets. Some of my favorites include:

Don't you love the use of space under the stairs? And I am a fan of wainscoting, too!

A master closet that I could live in. Note the wonderful shelves on the right. Be still my heart!


Someday. Someday I will have a craft room. And I will have built in shelves. And in that big center space that is probably designed to hold a flat screen TV I will instead make racks for all my ribbon. And that will be my focal point of my craft room. Someday.

1 comment: